Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

On the Toss Pile: Wright and Chance

Just checking in with an update. I've been busy this week, with not a lot of time or energy to read. A lot of the new books I took out of the library last week turned out to be very disappointing.  I could barely make it through the first chapter before pitching each of the books aside. Unfortunately, this happens all too frequently. 


Two novels which particularly irritated me were Confessions of a Demon by S.L. Wright (sex, sex, and more sex blah, blah, yawn) and Claimed by Shadow by Karen Chance. 1. The writing is mediocre, and 2) the plot centers around a geis put on the -- sexy of course -- female protagonist by a possessive vampire. Ho Hum. It was all I could do to force myself to read the first chapter. I don't think I even made it all the way through.  My attention kept wandering. Toss. 


I hope I have much better luck the next time I go fishing in the dark fantasy pool at my local library.


Here's my vote on Wright and Chance:



No comments:

Post a Comment