Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

Novel: Legend of the Jade Dragon by Jasmine Galenorn

Prolific Wiccan fantasy author Jasmine Galenorn cranks it out again. I think I'd call this one a supernatural mystery "cosy".

The protagonist Emerald O'Brien owns a quaint, charming, and successful tea shop where she also offers psychic readings. She is also a hereditary witch, and a single mom of two children.

A troubled customer arrives for a reading and leaves her shop only to be hit by a van. Just before dying, he hands her a mysterious and valuable Ming dynasty jade dragon which carries a terrible curse. And, we are off on another Galenorn adventure.

It was fun and light, but not so deeply memorable and moving that I'd want to read it again. I was mildly amused but nothing more than that. So, this book barely registers on my Talon vs Owl Pellet rating system. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. It was just..."ok".

No comments:

Post a Comment