Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Personal Entry

My mother called yesterday morning. She wanted to know (again) when I was going to write my first novel. Sigh. I wish I knew.

Here's something I read in The Body Sculpting Bible for Women that I think applies here:

"Combining action with desire and discipline creates the three musketeers of achievement. Many people have great ideas, foolproof plans and creative knowledge, yet everything falls apart for them. Why? Because they never act or they never act persistently enough. The difference between a person who knows and one who succeeds resides in the individual's ability to act." (p. 23, The Body Sculpting Bible for Women by James Villepigue and Hugo Rivera)

"Act as often as possible!" (p. 23)

I am too busy reading other people's books, and frittering away my time doing other things, avoiding sitting down and actually writing something for myself. I avoid acting on my desire by not imposing discipline upon myself. As long as I continue on this way I will never write that book I've been dreaming about writing since I was a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment