Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Waking The Witch by Kelley Armstrong

I'm rather fond of this Canadian author partially because she lives in Ontario (my home province), and she writes decent quality supernatural thriller/detective novels with convincing kick a$$ strong female leads. I am always confident that when I pick up a book by her, I am going to be entertained and so far, I have not been disappointed.

This particular Otherworld novel features young Savannah Levine as the main female character. At 21, little Savannah is growing up into a proper good-bad witch/sorceress! And she's ready to take on the detecting tradition of her guardians Paige and Lucas herself - with just a little back up from a couple of friends of course.

I have to admit that this one really kept me guessing right to the very end, although I did start suspecting just one of the many bad "guys" sprinkled into the plot a little earlier on.

Overall it was a fun read for an non-stop rainy day. Just WHEN *is* it going to stop raining anyway? I am just going to have to start reading another library book to while away the evening hours...

Eeny meeny miny mo, which book is the next to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment