Search This Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Desert Spear by Peter Brett

The Desert Spear by Peter Brett

Have I mentioned that I recently purchased and read the sequel to The Warded Man that I was originally so impressed with? I think that I forgot to about this in the midst of all the upheaval going on in my life lately.  I was extremely pleased to discover that I was just as satisfied if not more so by the second book in the series as I was by the first. The storytelling continues to fascinate, the characters become more and more interesting, the plot increasingly compelling and intriguing, and the settings convincing enough to make me want to jump on into the pages and wriggle my way right in there myself. And, as a woman who spent a few years studying and practicing the art of Jiu Jitsu myself, I most definitely appreciate the fine martial arts aspects to the book. I can hardly wait to possess and devour the third book in this series. Hurry up Peter, bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment