Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Novel: Daemon's Mark by Caitlin Kittredge

Daemon's Mark is the fifth in Kittredge's "Nocturne City" series. The protagonist Luna Wilder was bitten and turned into a werewolf in her teens then grew up to become a tough female cop working supernatural crimes. The world that she lives in is full of supernatural creatures like magicians, selkies, trolls, and harpies. Throw in some Russian mobsters trafficking in supernatural females for the sex slave industry, and some supernatural bio-engineering and it's a suitably creepy, fun and entertaining novel. It's not badly written. It took me "away" while I read it so it was a success. I didn't mind my escape ride into Luna Wilder's world at all. I'll be on the look out for more of Caitlin Kittredge's books. I'm perching on three Talons out of four!

From her back cover photo she is young and cute and dresses just a little bit Goth.

She has a website:  www.caitlinkittredge.com

Enjoy!

Next on my list to read: a dark supernatural novel by Yasmine Galenorn (who besides being a prolific fantasy author is also a Shamanic Witch in "real life".)


No comments:

Post a Comment